Jack G. Pasternacki
Jack Pasternacki is the firm’s Senior Analyst. Prior to accepting his position with the firm in 2009, Jack spent 20 years in the assessment profession, most recently as the City Assessor of Bloomington, MN. Jack has decades of involvement with complex commercial-industrial valuation issues, including suburban office & industrial buildings, regional malls, hotels, apartments, mixed-use properties and tax-increment financing.
Jack holds the CAE designation from the International Association of Assessing Officers (IAAO) and has appeared as an expert witness in property tax trials in Minnesota Tax Court. Jack has presented on valuation issues for various organizations both locally and nationally.
Jack is a graduate of the University of Minnesota Duluth, and is a native of Minnesota’s Iron Range.
Professional Association Memberships
- St. Paul Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA-STP)
- International Association of Assessing Officers (IAAO)
- Minnesota Association of Assessing Officers (MAAO)
- National Association of Industrial and Office Parks (NAIOP)
- “Fee (Not So) Simple”, IAAO Conference Sacramento, CA, August 2014.
- “Commercial Property Appraisal in the Great Recession”, IAAO Conference Phoenix, AZ, September 2011.
- “Property Tax Update 2011”, IPT Twin Cities Fall Meeting, Golden Valley, MN.
- “Hotel Valuation: The Issue of Intangibles”, IPT Property Tax Symposium, Monterey, CA, November 2011.